All Categories

Which to focus on for rewards (as newcomer) - Arena or Clan Boss champions?

Search
May 29, 2019, 18:1805/29/19
05/16/19

Ok, so I have been looking into information on all the champions I have - who is good for the clan boss, arena, dungeons, etc. What I am wondering at this point is which should I focus on first?

Clearing the campaign stages seems dependent on a variety, depending on the enemy composition. And as far as clearing dungeons, it seems to me like that is something I should worry about later, excluding a few ascensions for key skill buffs. So, I feel like the focus should be either the arena or clan boss. However, I don't know which one gives better rewards and as such, which one is more viable to pursue as a newcomer?

Also, farming the dungeons for gear is something I should do way later, right? Seems like a lot of my gear is coming with missions, challenges, and clearing campaign content. So, I am thinking I should focus on champion development for eithe arena or clan boss, but not sure which one? Or perhaps rewards for both are comparable?

Views
Comments
Comments
May 29, 2019, 22:4905/29/19
05/16/19

Arena is where the money is. Better rewards, and some of the later progress missions require you to level up the Great Hall. You need a strong team to get to the Gold tiers where you can earn the most medals to do so.

Clan boss requires unique champions that deal poison or HP burn debuffs. So it really depends on what you have to work with. For example, I use Taurus (epic Goat) for the Clan Boss because he inflicts x3 5% poison debuffs. This does enormous damage in Clan Boss but he has no real use in the arena. I simply use what I summon to cater to towards arena or CB.

OpheliaA1Moderator
May 29, 2019, 23:2105/29/19
03/11/19

Hey OP, 

I agree with OBLATE in terms of arena's great hall bonuses, however It doesn't take as much to get to gold tier and upgrade the great hall bonuses, the only reason I say it doesnt take as much is that when it comes to arena you can be very versatile at the moment, meaning which ever main champions you have can work well in arena

at the moment end-game is clan boss, the final chest at the highest difficulty is where its at. the gear and rewards you get are very worth. for that you need to farm mino to get giant-slayer mastery (or warmasters for one hitters) this mastery will deal % dmg on clan boss, which is huge dmg. 

now when it comes to which champions to focus on, that depends on what you have at the moment. 

some notable high tier champions for the clan boss are steelskull (epic), apothecary (rare), skullcrusher (epic) and many others, you can find a lot of info on which champions are good at dungeons and clan boss in the forum and discord, 

hope this helps
let me know if you have any further questions

May 30, 2019, 17:4005/30/19
May 30, 2019, 17:43(edited)
03/30/19

God said:

Clearing the campaign stages seems dependent on a variety, depending on the enemy composition.

Not,  really.  You can clear all the campaign stages at all difficulties on 3 stars with your single champion (the one you picked at the start).  OK,  sometimes you'll use a healer also,  but that's all.

All you need to do from the start is get as far as you can. Then make your champion stronger and get further.  50lvl champion can clear Hard stages,  60lvl champion can clear Hell. This champion should have lifesteal set equipped (you get it at the start also). 

When you are able to farm at least Hard 9.2 or 12.2 you can raise some champions for your arena or cb team to 50lvl.  And then go for making your main champion 6-stars. 

Hope this helps. 
Jun 6, 2019, 15:2306/06/19
05/16/19

At this point, it seems to make far more sense for me to gear up for the clan boss than for arena.  In arena, I am stuck in that in-between, where high-level bronze is easy, but low-level silver is difficult.  However, since one silver has the same value as two bronze, it only makes sense for me to keep myself around the high-end bronze, at least until it gets near the end of the ranking rewards for arena.  Since the rewards are no different at low silver or high bronze, it makes no sense for me to gear my champions for it, at least until I get more than just one 6 star and can hit the mid-level silver.

My issue currently is that whether I use silver or bronze to earn points for the Great Hall, I earn rewards for the clan boss every single day.  As such, it makes far more sense for me to gear to maximize damage on the clan boss at this point, as I am getting more frequent rewards from that.  Arena seems to only make sense about a day or two out from the ranking rewards.  Not sure why most people seem to value arena more when the rewards are far less frequent.  The only way I could see where it made sense is that I was on the cusp of higher rewards, and gearing for arena helped put me over that cusp.  But for now, it doesn't make sense for me to do that.

... And my Tomb Lord still remains fairly useless in both clan and arena

Jun 6, 2019, 18:2706/06/19
03/30/19

God said:

At this point, it seems to make far more sense for me to gear up for the clan boss than for arena.  In arena, I am stuck in that in-between, where high-level bronze is easy, but low-level silver is difficult.  However, since one silver has the same value as two bronze, it only makes sense for me to keep myself around the high-end bronze, at least until it gets near the end of the ranking rewards for arena.  Since the rewards are no different at low silver or high bronze, it makes no sense for me to gear my champions for it, at least until I get more than just one 6 star and can hit the mid-level silver.

My issue currently is that whether I use silver or bronze to earn points for the Great Hall, I earn rewards for the clan boss every single day.  As such, it makes far more sense for me to gear to maximize damage on the clan boss at this point, as I am getting more frequent rewards from that.  Arena seems to only make sense about a day or two out from the ranking rewards.  Not sure why most people seem to value arena more when the rewards are far less frequent.  The only way I could see where it made sense is that I was on the cusp of higher rewards, and gearing for arena helped put me over that cusp.  But for now, it doesn't make sense for me to do that.

You have a point.  Indeed Clan Boss looks more rewarding. Arena rewards aren't that great. 

But you still should make your 10 daily arena attacks to get some medals,  because there will be missions like "upgrade 2 bonuses in the Great Hall to level 4" that take really long time. It's OK to put weak defence to stay in low rank and get easy wins,  many people do that. 

By the way,  one 6-star hero  (and 3 5-stars) is enough to be in silver 4 if your speed is high enough to get the first move. 

Jun 6, 2019, 18:5706/06/19
05/16/19

scorpicora said:

God said:

You have a point.  Indeed Clan Boss looks more rewarding. Arena rewards aren't that great. 

But you still should make your 10 daily arena attacks to get some medals,  because there will be missions like "upgrade 2 bonuses in the Great Hall to level 4" that take really long time. It's OK to put weak defence to stay in low rank and get easy wins,  many people do that. 

By the way,  one 6-star hero  (and 3 5-stars) is enough to be in silver 4 if your speed is high enough to get the first move. 

Thanks for the feedback, and yes, I have realized that it is all about speed and getting those first hits in. I also realized the "one weak champion in defense" trick to bounce back down in ranks. ;)

I think I might wait to prioritize clan boss with my gear until this arena event is over, but after that, I think I'm focusing on clan boss.