All Categories

Running out of storage.  Do I really need all these rares?

Running out of storage. Do I really need all these rares?

Search
May 29, 2019, 02:1205/29/19
05/16/19

Running out of storage. Do I really need all these rares?

I have seen a few suggestions to save rares, because you never know when they will be handy.  Like I get how ones that inhibit healing are very handy for Spirit Keep, so while still fairly new, I understand there are some battles where certain champions can really shine.  However, there are some where I really wonder when the heck will they ever be useful?  I know they will be handy for Faction Wars when that happens, but at the same time, I am running out of space and it is a hassle to be so limited when I am trying to pull new champions, max upgrades on my top champions, etc.

Like Slitherbrute.  He does not look impressive to me at all from his skills.  No interest in him, but been saving him "just in case." And Spirithost.  Sure, her "dark gift" could be great on some fights, but is that skill good enough to make her truly viable at any point?  Bloodfeather I am honestly at a loss about.  Her ranking is high and she is an epic, yet her skills seem to do little more than single-target damage.  Since my AoE damage-dealers do far more overall damage and none of her skills seem to have any decent buffs or debuffs that would make her more appealing than other champions of mine, I feel like I would be better off making her food for other champions.  I mean why is her ranking so high?  I can't ever see myself using her, but I don't want to use her as food now to find out later that she does amazing single-target damage or something.

Anyway, I guess those are the main ones I am looking at now wondering why I should bother keeping them.  Would appreciate feedback on how viable rares do tend to be long-term down the road?
Views
Comments
Comments
May 29, 2019, 10:3205/29/19
03/22/19
The first ones you can pretty safely get rid of are any that are farmable from campaign locations. After that it's anyone's guess whether they will be handy for fusion events and such. Don't worry too heavily on dungeon specific ones as there are a few that are pretty much good for most/all of them, a good example being Coldheart.
May 29, 2019, 14:1205/29/19
May 29, 2019, 14:13(edited)
05/16/19

Slitherbrute can steal buffs, and so is good for Magic Keep at higher levels where the shield becomes impenetrable unless it is stolen.

My biggest fear about consuming rares is that one of them might need to be used for fusion in the future. Even the farmable ones. For instance, I must have farmed 12-6 approx 500 times now, and I've only ever pulled a rare farmable character once or twice. Consuming them, only to require them in the future for fusion, might cost 100s/1000s of energy.

May 29, 2019, 14:3705/29/19
05/16/19
Great feedback guys.  Some great food for thought.  I appreciate it
May 29, 2019, 16:4005/29/19
05/16/19
Oblate said:

Slitherbrute can steal buffs, and so is good for Magic Keep at higher levels where the shield becomes impenetrable unless it is stolen.

My biggest fear about consuming rares is that one of them might need to be used for fusion in the future. Even the farmable ones. For instance, I must have farmed 12-6 approx 500 times now, and I've only ever pulled a rare farmable character once or twice. Consuming them, only to require them in the future for fusion, might cost 100s/1000s of energy.

For this reason, I do want to hang on to what I am able to.  But, I am running out of space, and don't want to waste gems on extra storage at this point
OpheliaA1Moderator
May 29, 2019, 16:4905/29/19
03/11/19

Hey op, I ran into the same problem recently and I had to make a decision. do i keep 5 dups of arcanist, slitherbrute, etc

I looked at it this way, I'm in it for the long run, I'll pull them anyway. I just kept the notably better ones.
plus its ok to use up all the farmable rares.

for now focus on your mains
if youre unsure ask away : )

May 30, 2019, 00:4605/30/19
05/26/19

I use the dupes as skill ups and keep at least one copy of each champion. For void/epic/legendary champions I'm keeping at least 3 copies of each since they're way more rare.

May 30, 2019, 09:3905/30/19
05/19/19

I have burned through about 1000 energy farming campaign, and have over 200 mystery shards now. I bet I can pull about 10 rares from these, plus there’s the 4-5 rares I got as level rewards in hard mode. 

Check their skills and reviews. Bottom line is there are a handful of rares that you definitely don’t need to worry about holding onto.  Let them be fodder for your 4-star champs. 

Seether