All Categories

Different prices for packs

Different prices for packs

Search
Comments
Jun 7, 2019, 10:2806/07/19
04/17/19
Hi guys, i'm pretty new to the mod team but i've read through this and passed it onto those who know this better than I. Sorry i can't report on this any further and i don't think mods are avoiding this thread, just that if they have no knowledge on it, like myself, then it's rather hard to help the players out and correct any mistakes. 
Jun 7, 2019, 13:4606/07/19
05/04/19

What my friend got offered (invitation) = $5 USD

What I have been offered: $20 USD (For 20 USD, I could get 4 times of the rewards above = 8 Void, 400 Gems and 600K Silver)

Jun 7, 2019, 17:4406/07/19
05/13/19

lol... my void pack is 15 shards and 2k gems for $100 USD. Void shards are the only thing I want in the game at the moment, but I'm not going to buy awful $100 packs for them anymore - and they keep throwing them at me.

For $100, there should be WAY more void shards in that pack, considering the pricing of the lower tier packs other players are getting.

The devs are (and have already) driven away some of their biggest whales with the awful, shady pack discrepancies and they don't seem to care. 

I and other players have been warning them for months. It's pretty simple:

Offer good deals and don't spite your paying player base = keep your players.

Do shady stuff like this = players move on to other games with less spiteful, sketchy monetization.

Devs, it's in your court.

Jun 7, 2019, 20:2306/07/19
05/16/19
TurboLv said:

kalo said:

TurboLv said:

Angry Lady said:

From the previous topic:

https://prnt.sc/ntm6z2

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/rL8mzG5

Can't compare these packs - they are completely different...

Example, if u didn't noticed: 48.99 pack.

1) 9x rare, 4x epic tomes, 1.5m silver, 1500 gems.

2) 7x epic, 3x legendary, 1.25m silver, 1250 gems. (ofcourse, this pack is a lot better imo, but u can't compare them).

Can't compare? Price is the same. This is simple math, slightly above elementary school - remove same items from both packs, which are 4 epic tomes, 1.25. silver and 1250 gems. What's left is:

1) 9 rare tomes, 250K silver, 250 gems

2) 3 epic tomes, 3 leg tomes

As their price is the same, this means that "9 rare tomes, 250K silver, 250 gems" equals "3 epic tomes, 3 leg tomes". Which is some real BS.

Yes prices are the same, but content is different so u really can't compare them. And as i said: pack with legendary tomes are a lot better. But still u can't compare them.

In CARROTFISH screens 4.49 AUD packs have same content, just 1 pack has almost 3 times more.

As he already stated, you most certainly can compare them.  It's called using common sense and basic math.  People are getting ripped off.  There is a clear and blatant pattern.  People purchase something, the packages they offer are more expensive afterward for a period of time.  Your excuse of "well, they are a little bit different, so you can't compare them" is absurd and insulting.
Jun 7, 2019, 20:2806/07/19
05/16/19

geneccg said:

What my friend got offered (invitation) = $5 USD

What I have been offered: $20 USD (For 20 USD, I could get 4 times of the rewards above = 8 Void, 400 Gems and 600K Silver)

And to add to this, if you were to pay four times as much, you should get a BETTER deal than someone only paying $5.  But according to TurboLv, you "can't compare these because they are different" lol.  #apologists
Jun 8, 2019, 17:2506/08/19
05/13/19

EU is getting shafted on today's void packs, looks like:

Meanwhile I got this (which I think is the best deal despite less gems cause I only care about trying to pull a void legend at this point):

Funny thing is, ALL of these packs are a better deal than the crappy void one they were trying to give me a few days ago: $100 for 15 voids and 2k gems. If I buy three of these (AND I MIGHT BECAUSE IT'S A DECENT DEAL RELATIVELY) I could get 21 shards for $75. (Meanwhile my friends above could only get $15 for $75 - which is STILL a better deal than the void pack yesterday.

Jun 9, 2019, 12:3306/09/19
05/16/19

Carrotfish said:

Meanwhile I got this (which I think is the best deal despite less gems cause I only care about trying to pull a void legend at this point):

I really don't understand why the void shards are so overpriced compared to the ancient shards.  If you take a good look at the void champions on the list, they really aren't that impressive, certainly no better than the other champion types:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jdrS8mnsITEWL1qREShSG3xNOZKYJuL5dUnNrUWQIjw/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Not sure why someone would waste the money when there is no greater likelihood to get something worthwhile for such a greater cost (in comparison to the ancient shards). 

And if you are hoping to pull a legendary void, you'll most likely have to blow hundreds on it considering each void shard only has a 0.4% chance of being a legendary (assuming they are being honest with their % numbers in game).  This means that if you bought about 250 shards, you *should* most likely get a legendary. 

Doing a basic number crunch based on the cost you quoted above, this would be:

$25 per 7 void shard pack

250 shards = 100% chance of getting legendary (although STILL not guaranteed)

36 packs = 252 shards

$25 x 36 = $900

So, if you spend $900 on packs like the one you quoted above, you *should* get a legendary, LMAO.  That is why I wouldn't waste my money on shards like that.  Their prices are absolutely insane.  If someone is going to be stupid enough to waste money on something so frivolous, they should just throw that money my way.  At least I would put it to better use than Plarium obviously is at this point.
Jun 9, 2019, 16:3406/09/19
Jun 9, 2019, 16:37(edited)
03/30/19

God said:

Carrotfish said:

I really don't understand why the void shards are so overpriced compared to the ancient shards.  If you take a good look at the void champions on the list, they really aren't that impressive, certainly no better than the other champion types:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jdrS8mnsITEWL1qREShSG3xNOZKYJuL5dUnNrUWQIjw/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Not sure why someone would waste the money when there is no greater likelihood to get something worthwhile for such a greater cost (in comparison to the ancient shards). 

And if you are hoping to pull a legendary void, you'll most likely have to blow hundreds on it considering each void shard only has a 0.4% chance of being a legendary (assuming they are being honest with their % numbers in game).  This means that if you bought about 250 shards, you *should* most likely get a legendary. 

Doing a basic number crunch based on the cost you quoted above, this would be:

$25 per 7 void shard pack

250 shards = 100% chance of getting legendary (although STILL not guaranteed)

36 packs = 252 shards

$25 x 36 = $900

So, if you spend $900 on packs like the one you quoted above, you *should* get a legendary, LMAO.  That is why I wouldn't waste my money on shards like that.  Their prices are absolutely insane.  If someone is going to be stupid enough to waste money on something so frivolous, they should just throw that money my way.  At least I would put it to better use than Plarium obviously is at this point.

Have you seen the latest official video about affinities?  Voids are good because they don't have an affinity weakness. 

Though I personally don't buy void shards just because of that. 
Jun 9, 2019, 16:4706/09/19
Jun 10, 2019, 22:54(edited)
05/16/19

Look at this now...

"90% off" a $50 pack?  No, you damn liars!!!  Seriously, what kind of morons do they have working over there, where they think their player base is THAT stupid?  this is an insult to our intelligence!!!  I am about ready to delete this game purely because of how disrespectful and insulting Plarium's developers are of their player base.
Jun 10, 2019, 22:1806/10/19
05/03/19

I was just posting about a similar issue (https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/675_feedback---suggestions/132892_special-offers-not-equil/), then came here and found this.

Even though the 2 packs i saw were not exactly the same the price difference was big, and they only allowed you to buy 1 of the cheap packs but 3 of the expensive ones.

I was never a big spender in this game guess my wife and i will not not spend anything as the prices and availability of the pack/offers vary so much. I did not notice this until i had the 2 accounts to compare.

KiwiMcSheepModerator
Jun 10, 2019, 23:3006/10/19
Jun 11, 2019, 00:24(edited)
09/18/18

Hello All

First note, I've had to clean up a few chats, I understand you guys feel strongly regarding this subject but please do not swear( in any shape or form).

Second, Please keep on topic and feel free to create new threads for other subjects, as I will be clearing non-related chats.

This subject is a pressing one and as such, I have continuously followed this and some other posts similar to it (for the life of them). They have been listening I have made sure of it.

But I do need to clarify a few things(which I've experienced too) 

First, all packs generally are different as per price range, I like yourselves have found other packs to be more palatable due to my situation in purchasing these packs( e.g I'm a family man so I prefer the cheaper packs, bite-size packs for me), however, some my friends tend to like the mid-size deals, and one loves the big deals(wish I had his budget)

Though I do find it hard to personally compare packs that are different currencies because it's generally the stores that control this and its conversion rates, I mention this to be considered not a direct reason for this.

I can assure you that they are not "shady" or "not listening", they are listening... Proof to this is the double packs where you were provided a choice between a cheap pack and a more expensive pack, this was developed as a response to these exact threads I refer to, as it was previously suggested by a group of players. 

I personally understand there is a scaling system where one Friday night I went from the cheap packs to the mid-size packs because I purchased quite a few packs, I was then offered a large pack worth 160 AUD, amazing value, but I can't afford that so it was unfortunate. I've noticed that the more I spend the better the packs I got but yes cost more in which I can't always afford, this has been already highlighted.

With all that said I understand people would like to see things done differently so i would like to encourage you all to provide constructive suggestions on this subject, as I will continuously monitor these threads and take those suggestions directly to the CM's/Devs.

Thanks

Jun 11, 2019, 00:5706/11/19
Jun 11, 2019, 01:15(edited)
04/04/19
KiwiMcSheep said:

Hello All

First note, I've had to clean up a few chats, I understand you guys feel strongly regarding this subject but please do not swear( in any shape or form).

Second, Please keep on topic and feel free to create new threads for other subjects, as I will be clearing non-related chats.

This subject is a pressing one and as such, I have continuously followed this and some other posts similar to it (for the life of them). They have been listening I have made sure of it.

But I do need to clarify a few things(which I've experienced too) 

First, all packs generally are different as per price range, I like yourselves have found other packs to be more palatable due to my situation in purchasing these packs( e.g I'm a family man so I prefer the cheaper packs, bite-size packs for me), however, some my friends tend to like the mid-size deals, and one loves the big deals(wish I had his budget)

Though I do find it hard to personally compare packs that are different currencies because it's generally the stores that control this and its conversion rates, I mention this to be considered not a direct reason for this.

I can assure you that they are not "shady" or "not listening", they are listening... Proof to this is the double packs where you were provided a choice between a cheap pack and a more expensive pack, this was developed as a response to these exact threads I refer to, as it was previously suggested by a group of players. 

I personally understand there is a scaling system where one Friday night I went from the cheap packs to the mid-size packs because I purchased quite a few packs, I was then offered a large pack worth 160 AUD, amazing value, but I can't afford that so it was unfortunate. I've noticed that the more I spend the better the packs I got but yes cost more in which I can't always afford, this has been already highlighted.

With all that said I understand people would like to see things done differently so i would like to encourage you all to provide constructive suggestions on this subject, as I will continuously monitor these threads and take those suggestions directly to the CM's/Devs.

Thanks

i mean...you answered everything except the one that actually proves your company's practice of offering the SAME pack with the SAME items in DIFFERENT quantities for the SAME price. PLEASE give an explanation to that...that's what we really want to get your feedback on...
KiwiMcSheepModerator
Jun 11, 2019, 01:1506/11/19
Jun 11, 2019, 01:22(edited)
09/18/18

Hello Kuroyukihime

Kuroyukihime Said

offering the SAME pack with the SAME items in DIFFERENT quantities for the SAME price

Please feel free to provide me some examples, let's start there, though I would like to ask if you can provide a more recent example, considering there have been many iterations to this subject since the start of this thread.

Oh, and of the same currency due to reason already stated above. 

Kuroyukihime Said:

your company's

I also need to clear up this statement, I am not a staff of the company, but a player like yourself with a little extra responsibility( and knowledge) as I have volunteered for it, to try help a game I like as I have been playing since beta.

Again, I would encourage you to provide some suggestions, that we can pass on to make it better.

many thanks

Jun 11, 2019, 01:3106/11/19
05/13/19

KiwiMcSheep said:

Again, I would encourage you to provide some suggestions, that we can pass on to make it better.

many thanks

There is one very simple solution: allow all players to choose between all packs. The biggest whales will buy everything offered. Everyone else can pick and choose. That's how it is in the other gacha I play. This would make literally every tier of spender happy, make the devs plenty of money, and would keep paying players from feeling scammed in the future (though it's hard to undo the damage done on that front with the big spenders that have already quit due to this system - I know one massive whale in particular they lost due to this, and it's a shame).

Jun 11, 2019, 02:3006/11/19
Jun 11, 2019, 02:33(edited)
04/04/19

Carrotfish said:

There is no excusing direct disparity like this. 

Just FYI, a friend who's a mega whale (he makes literally millions USD every year and is known to practically finance gachas one handed)  posted this and said "Reasons why raid is losing my wallet. This scummy nature actually made me slow down/slowly not even log in."

I know the devs seem to only care about their biggest whale and only take note when that's the bottom line being affected, and this is a direct case of these shady (possibly illegal?) pricing mechanics doing just that.

This is someone who spent over $60k USD on another gacha I play with him, that I brought in, and now you're losing him due to the sketchy, indefensible pack mechanics.

Take note, or don't - it's entirely on you. You're running out of time to retain your new players, Plarium - particularly the big ticket ones.

Support needs to be more responsive, and the devs need to be actually communicative. That's how you keep spending players. Unfortunately, at this point, I have almost no hope of that actually happening when it's been months and so much has gone unaddressed beyond "the dev team is looking at it."

@KiwiMcSheep 

-labeled as the same pack "Double XP Pack 1"

-same currency

-same items

-different quantities

-same exact price

why do they differ in price? its because one person is a big spender and the other is not. digusting practice.

KiwiMcSheepModerator
Jun 11, 2019, 02:5006/11/19
Jun 11, 2019, 02:53(edited)
09/18/18

Kuroyukihime said:

Carrotfish said:

Just FYI, a friend who's a mega whale (he makes literally millions USD every year and is known to practically finance gachas one handed)  posted this and said "Reasons why raid is losing my wallet. This scummy nature actually made me slow down/slowly not even log in."

I know the devs seem to only care about their biggest whale and only take note when that's the bottom line being affected, and this is a direct case of these shady (possibly illegal?) pricing mechanics doing just that.

This is someone who spent over $60k USD on another gacha I play with him, that I brought in, and now you're losing him due to the sketchy, indefensible pack mechanics.

Take note, or don't - it's entirely on you. You're running out of time to retain your new players, Plarium - particularly the big ticket ones.

Support needs to be more responsive, and the devs need to be actually communicative. That's how you keep spending players. Unfortunately, at this point, I have almost no hope of that actually happening when it's been months and so much has gone unaddressed beyond "the dev team is looking at it."

@KiwiMcSheep 

-same currency

-same items

-different quantities

-same exact price

Hmm, can we confirm how old this is?

This image is very curious, and I do question its validity. But before I go down that line, I'll make some inquiries.
Jun 11, 2019, 03:0406/11/19
04/04/19
KiwiMcSheep said:

Kuroyukihime said:

Carrotfish said:

@KiwiMcSheep 

-same currency

-same items

-different quantities

-same exact price

Hmm, can we confirm how old this is?

This image is very curious, and I do question its validity. But before I go down that line, I'll make some inquiries.
isnt confirming the age of that the job of the devs? they are the ones with the logs of what packs they put out. regardless of that...the lower pack has triple the gems, quadruple the silver, and 50% more energy. i am pretty certain that the amount of resources in the pack is influenced by spending habits. i find it hard to believe that plarium themselves would change the quantities so drastically. 
KiwiMcSheepModerator
Jun 11, 2019, 03:2206/11/19
09/18/18

Kuroyukihime said:

isnt confirming the age of that the job of the devs? they are the ones with the logs of what packs they put out. regardless of that...the lower pack has triple the gems, quadruple the silver, and 50% more energy. i am pretty certain that the amount of resources in the pack is influenced by spending habits. i find it hard to believe that plarium themselves would change the quantities so drastically. 

Hello 

Not really, if I want a timely response due to the share size of the logs, it is far easier for me to ask and gather as much information as possible for it to be checked. I mean those log files would be massive.

I'm checking into this image now.

thanks

Jun 11, 2019, 12:2906/11/19
Jun 11, 2019, 12:59(edited)
04/17/19

Hey guys, Kaaboose here, One of the players who posted the above picture. We're working with Kiwi to prove the validity of the picture. We haven't been able to duplicate it yet but have been comparing our deals. The latest ones are thus.

My Deal:

My mates Deal:

I just need to point out I have only bought a single pack, a 3 void summoning pack. My mate has bought 4 packs. We'll post again when we have something concrete.

We're both fairly new, getting the game after seeing JonTron advertise it.

In the original picture I got the worse deal, my mate got the better.

EDIT: A fellow guildee just posted this:

KiwiMcSheepModerator
Jun 12, 2019, 08:5806/12/19
09/18/18

Hello

Lets clear the air, there was a bunch of questions that needed to be asked around these images to ascertain what happened.

The date was important to understand that this was indeed a special or deal was on at the same time to ensure there was no confusion with other offers, in this case it was the same day. 

All information gathered(including this thread) was given to the support team(which themselves were already looking into the matter) and Devs.

They have indicated that they have taken all the feedback on board and will take into consideration for all future offers. 

Thanks