All Categories

Should I drain my Ancient Shards for the next guaranteed lego (150)?

Search
Sep 26, 2022, 18:1109/26/22
06/16/22

How worth is it to pull all of my ancient shards for a guaranteed legendary? 

I'm a fairly early account (day 107), and I'm thinking about to try to pull en mass for the next guaranteed...I guess depending who it is. Are the legendaries from those events ever really A-S tier? I would also need to pull about 3,600 gems to get the remaining if I were to do it soon. 

i

I was hoping I might land a couple big epics as well. 

Views
Comments
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Sep 26, 2022, 18:1809/26/22
12/30/20

Interesting question. The best overall guaranteed for ancients we've seen by far was Kimi, a year ago. Candraphon and Ragash were great ones this summer, Ragash being better for overall progression and Candy being great in arena. 

How's your roster? The more holes you have in it, the less inclined you should be to hold for a guaranteed. We do have a 2x on Ancients coming in 18 days, which should be during a fusion if I had to guess. 

Sep 26, 2022, 18:1909/26/22
06/25/20

The short answer is - probably not, but maybe, depending on who it is. But that's impossible to answer right now.

The long answer is - the reason why I'd advise against it is because at your progression, epic champions are often just as valuable, if not moreso, than legendary ones. They're easier to book, and easier to build out for niche roles like Faction Wars, and you'll get more of them.

Usually the guaranteed lego events are not coupled with 2x days, which means you'll have a much greater chance of getting trash rare champs from ancient shards, as opposed to the aforementioned valuable epic champs.

That said - there are certainly some lego champs that would be 100% going for if offered as guaranteed - Ninja's a pretty good example of one. Ditto for someone like Brogni. The last guaranteed legos from ancients were:

Of that set, I would argue the only ones I would have advised pulling for at your progression level would be Kimi and Lix, and possibly Ragash. The rest are all good, yes, but their roles are much too specific to invest so heavily in at your stage.

Sep 26, 2022, 20:1809/26/22
06/16/22
dthorne04

Interesting question. The best overall guaranteed for ancients we've seen by far was Kimi, a year ago. Candraphon and Ragash were great ones this summer, Ragash being better for overall progression and Candy being great in arena. 

How's your roster? The more holes you have in it, the less inclined you should be to hold for a guaranteed. We do have a 2x on Ancients coming in 18 days, which should be during a fusion if I had to guess. 

This is my roster. The main thing im really struggling with his higher level Clan Boss. I'm fairly strong at dungeons for the most part 

i

i

Sep 26, 2022, 20:2409/26/22
06/16/22
kramaswamy.kr

The short answer is - probably not, but maybe, depending on who it is. But that's impossible to answer right now.

The long answer is - the reason why I'd advise against it is because at your progression, epic champions are often just as valuable, if not moreso, than legendary ones. They're easier to book, and easier to build out for niche roles like Faction Wars, and you'll get more of them.

Usually the guaranteed lego events are not coupled with 2x days, which means you'll have a much greater chance of getting trash rare champs from ancient shards, as opposed to the aforementioned valuable epic champs.

That said - there are certainly some lego champs that would be 100% going for if offered as guaranteed - Ninja's a pretty good example of one. Ditto for someone like Brogni. The last guaranteed legos from ancients were:

Of that set, I would argue the only ones I would have advised pulling for at your progression level would be Kimi and Lix, and possibly Ragash. The rest are all good, yes, but their roles are much too specific to invest so heavily in at your stage.

Are x2s applicable for ancient shards as well? And I'm assuming it's x2 chances for epic, not legendary? forgive me, but I've only seen a x2 legendary event for sacred. 

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 26, 2022, 20:4109/26/22
12/30/20
kmanmott

Are x2s applicable for ancient shards as well? And I'm assuming it's x2 chances for epic, not legendary? forgive me, but I've only seen a x2 legendary event for sacred. 

it is a 2x chance on both higher rarities, it'll be 16% for epics, 1% legendary odds.