All Categories

My parents warned me not to pay on games.

Search
Sep 9, 2024, 16:4309/09/24
03/16/23

The reason is because the items you pay for can be gone in a snap. Also, the game is constantly updating and Will cause you to pay even more. Also, the developers like money money money, so they are going to want you to pay, otherwise they will mess the game up for you. I saw it in other games and now I'm seeing it in this one. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 9, 2024, 16:4609/09/24
03/16/23

I hope I don't start seeing it in brawl 

CrystalDrewCommunity Manager
Sep 10, 2024, 13:1609/10/24
02/10/23

Hello! Spending in Mech Arena is voluntary. It expedites your progress and offers early access to new features, but winning is not guaranteed. Thus, you can keep on playing and progressing even without any spending 😉

Sep 11, 2024, 15:0709/11/24
03/16/23
CrystalDrew

Hello! Spending in Mech Arena is voluntary. It expedites your progress and offers early access to new features, but winning is not guaranteed. Thus, you can keep on playing and progressing even without any spending 😉

You are 110% correct! Spending in Mech Arena is voluntary and optional! However, plarium has decided to tamper with the game: Rasing prices of items, lowering the currency we recieve from rewards, nerfing very useful weapons to the point were those weapons are not even on some peoples 'good' list, etc. This and many other discisions plarium has made, in turn, extreemly 'influenced' many people to pay $$$$! In fact, thats what you want and you know it. This is the reason many are yet leaving. Can you be more like SuperCell and make everything free or at least very cheap. And make it easier to get currency. Bring back fortune vault rewards. 400 acoins? Yes! Supercell's game 'BrawlStars' is soo great because they make everything available for in-game currency...AS SOON AS IT COMES OUT! However, they still have it to where currency is extrememly easy and is fun to get. Your game is annoying - having to grind for currency when we only get no more than 5 acoins a reward or from a game. But supercell has it to where you can still purchace items. They make me want to buy their stuff because they are genorouse. Plarium is not, they are greedy and secret scammers. But it makes sense, it's plarium afterall. It was good in 2022 and back. It's terrible now and thats why I left to play supercell. Maybe please get in touch with them, let them make ajustments to your game frfr. 

Sep 11, 2024, 15:1409/11/24
10/04/23

I can totally agree with this, haven't played brawl stars tho. Just wish the rewards system gets revamped to give you more rewards.

Sep 11, 2024, 17:5709/11/24
08/29/22

Hallelujah

Sep 12, 2024, 09:148 days
02/10/23
Quantan

You are 110% correct! Spending in Mech Arena is voluntary and optional! However, plarium has decided to tamper with the game: Rasing prices of items, lowering the currency we recieve from rewards, nerfing very useful weapons to the point were those weapons are not even on some peoples 'good' list, etc. This and many other discisions plarium has made, in turn, extreemly 'influenced' many people to pay $$$$! In fact, thats what you want and you know it. This is the reason many are yet leaving. Can you be more like SuperCell and make everything free or at least very cheap. And make it easier to get currency. Bring back fortune vault rewards. 400 acoins? Yes! Supercell's game 'BrawlStars' is soo great because they make everything available for in-game currency...AS SOON AS IT COMES OUT! However, they still have it to where currency is extrememly easy and is fun to get. Your game is annoying - having to grind for currency when we only get no more than 5 acoins a reward or from a game. But supercell has it to where you can still purchace items. They make me want to buy their stuff because they are genorouse. Plarium is not, they are greedy and secret scammers. But it makes sense, it's plarium afterall. It was good in 2022 and back. It's terrible now and thats why I left to play supercell. Maybe please get in touch with them, let them make ajustments to your game frfr. 

Thanks for your comment, we will take it into account. Sad to hear that the game doesn't bring you as much fun as it used to, but remember that there are always ways to obtain Resources for free, and we are always experimenting with it 😉 Our team is making everything to keep the game exciting and competitive!

Sep 14, 2024, 14:126 days
09/17/21

Unfortunately, it's a thing in pretty much every game.

I see it as a good case of 'Blame the game, not the player' (not literally lol)

The player is the devs/company, and the game is the economy.

They are just trying to make money after all.

Sep 14, 2024, 14:166 days
09/17/21
Quantan

Just saying, but CD has basically no connection to a lot of these things.

They're only allowed to say certain things, whether those things are true or not.

The game has profit margins to meet, and that's that.

Just because a different game or company does it different doesn't mean MA has too, or even can.

Sep 16, 2024, 14:284 days
02/10/23
PogsterPlays

Just saying, but CD has basically no connection to a lot of these things.

They're only allowed to say certain things, whether those things are true or not.

The game has profit margins to meet, and that's that.

Just because a different game or company does it different doesn't mean MA has too, or even can.

Hello! Although I'm a Community Manager, I have a full right to share my personal opinion or experience. No false info from me has ever been shared.

Sep 16, 2024, 17:483 days
09/17/21
CrystalDrew

Hello! Although I'm a Community Manager, I have a full right to share my personal opinion or experience. No false info from me has ever been shared.

Oh, sorry, my bad.

Unfortunately I don't exactly know the details of how the business structure you operate in/under...

Well, operates

Sep 17, 2024, 19:142 days
07/09/23
CrystalDrew

I am willing to believe that but see if I were to ask you if mech arena is pay to win or if there are certain aspects you see as pay to win I'm pretty sure the answer I would get is "no" because whoever I bring the subject up with says one or more of the same thing. They will say "white it's true paying can sometimes give an advantage, it doesn't guarantee victory. A lot more depends on skill." Or they will say something along the lines of "it is not impossible to win without paying". And that includes you because I've asked you about it in the past. But I assume you do truly hold this opinion anyways as I have no other reason to disbelieve you.

But the question becomes if that really is your opinion, would you be employed if it was different? Or you could surprise me and tell me something you do think is pay to win about mech arena I don't really know.

Sep 18, 2024, 14:032 days
02/10/23
Deepthroat

I am willing to believe that but see if I were to ask you if mech arena is pay to win or if there are certain aspects you see as pay to win I'm pretty sure the answer I would get is "no" because whoever I bring the subject up with says one or more of the same thing. They will say "white it's true paying can sometimes give an advantage, it doesn't guarantee victory. A lot more depends on skill." Or they will say something along the lines of "it is not impossible to win without paying". And that includes you because I've asked you about it in the past. But I assume you do truly hold this opinion anyways as I have no other reason to disbelieve you.

But the question becomes if that really is your opinion, would you be employed if it was different? Or you could surprise me and tell me something you do think is pay to win about mech arena I don't really know.

Hello! The answer is no because I don't consider the game p2w. You can learn more about this term here. It's not a secret that I'm a player myself, and moreover, I have an F2P account, so that's the basis on which my opinion is built.

Sep 18, 2024, 15:352 days
03/16/23
CrystalDrew

Hello! The answer is no because I don't consider the game p2w. You can learn more about this term here. It's not a secret that I'm a player myself, and moreover, I have an F2P account, so that's the basis on which my opinion is built.

The game is not pay- to- win. But It is pay- to -progress faster. The very reason why prices are so high. To entice paying.  We just say pay to win because buying 'helps' enhance winning streaks. We are not saying you 'have' to pay, we are saying that the game extreemly influences the action of paying, even by pop ups excessivly. Or down grading fun to play weapons. I know the reason why they pop up, but still.

Sep 18, 2024, 18:111 day
07/06/23
CrystalDrew

i

By Plarium's own definition of p2w, the game is in fact what it describes as p2w since matchmaking is severely flawed and the power assigned to each mech/weapon is grossly understated for legendary items. Can someone win against an all legendary hangar using a mostly rare or epic hangar? Yes, but statistically it will be much harder which is what p2w is. Most people want to progess in the game, not be stuck in the mud, playing at ultra low hangars forever. Even at low hangars, you run into the possibility of playing against an sp dropper who's paid to get a high end mech who also statistically has a greater chance of winning. If there wasn't any statistical advantage, you wouldn't be able to sell anything to the average player looking for an edge...

Sep 19, 2024, 09:27Yesterday
02/10/23
SubZero

i

By Plarium's own definition of p2w, the game is in fact what it describes as p2w since matchmaking is severely flawed and the power assigned to each mech/weapon is grossly understated for legendary items. Can someone win against an all legendary hangar using a mostly rare or epic hangar? Yes, but statistically it will be much harder which is what p2w is. Most people want to progess in the game, not be stuck in the mud, playing at ultra low hangars forever. Even at low hangars, you run into the possibility of playing against an sp dropper who's paid to get a high end mech who also statistically has a greater chance of winning. If there wasn't any statistical advantage, you wouldn't be able to sell anything to the average player looking for an edge...

The matchmaking system is designed to match players with approximately the same hangar, skills, and geo (that's the fact that it may not perform that slightly, but the work is in progress). Thus, if there is a match between two players, one of each has predominantly f2p, and the other has paid Content, but the Grades are equal - they are likely to have equal chances of winning. It depends on skill as well. I have seen numerous times how a Rare Mech Guardian was destroying Seekers and Blockhorns, so I doubt the p2w aspect a lot.

Besides, I was mentioning only 1v1 occasions. Having a team of skilled players, no matter which Content they have, and having an effective teamplay will provide an undeniable benefit.

Sep 19, 2024, 18:06Yesterday
Sep 19, 2024, 18:13(edited)
07/06/23
CrystalDrew

The matchmaking system is designed to match players with approximately the same hangar, skills, and geo (that's the fact that it may not perform that slightly, but the work is in progress). Thus, if there is a match between two players, one of each has predominantly f2p, and the other has paid Content, but the Grades are equal - they are likely to have equal chances of winning. It depends on skill as well. I have seen numerous times how a Rare Mech Guardian was destroying Seekers and Blockhorns, so I doubt the p2w aspect a lot.

Besides, I was mentioning only 1v1 occasions. Having a team of skilled players, no matter which Content they have, and having an effective teamplay will provide an undeniable benefit.

One, matchmaking is NOT based on skill no matter what you say and the vast difference in hangars in numerous documented battles show that 'approximately' means nothing 🤦‍♂️😅 

Two, paid content is locked behind a paywall that consists of predominantly legendary items and is far superior to items that f2p has access to so there's no way the grades are remotely close to the same on most occasions. A perfect example is buying nomad (not accessible to f2p) and then just completely destroying your opponents. Nearly every single one who has nomad has high wins, places very high in tournaments, and easily completes events compared to f2p. Stats and numbers don't lie...

Like I said and if you took the time to actually read and understand what I said, it's not out of the realm of possibility that a predominantly rare/epic hangar can take out an all paid legendary hangar but the odds are not in their favor. That's a FACT whether you want to admit it or not. Otherwise, there would be zero reason to buy new items or try to improve the hangar if someone is looking for a competive edge.

The game is p2w as clearly defined by your own link and the current game dynamics which also includes the atrocious matchmaking that is clearly designed to entice players to spend, not create a fair game experience...